Tumor Registrar – 3 Days in Office/2 Days Remote
Capital Health, Pennington, NJ
Capital Health is seeking candidates for a Tumor Registrar position within our Cancer Center. This is a hybrid position working three days/week in the office and two days remotely.
The Capital Health Cancer Center, located in Pennington, NJ, is the area’s most advanced provider of cancer treatment delivered by some of the most experienced medical experts, led by Medical Director Dr. Cataldo Doria. At our center, a team of physicians from related fields such as medical oncology, radiation oncology, gynecological oncology, neurosurgery, hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery, interventional GI and pulmonology, radiology, breast surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, colorectal surgery, thoracic surgery, urogenital surgery and other specialties collaborate and provide patients with a network of physicians trained in the most complex oncology issues.
Full Time, Day Shift
This job is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the region’s leading employers and plays a valuable role as part of our growing team. Our jobs are an easy commute from PA and major NJ routes. Capital Health proudly offers competitive compensation and benefits that include tuition reimbursement, low employee expense for medical and dental insurance, 403b savings and retirement program, and educational assistance program.
Tumor Registrar Responsibilities:
- Assign accurately the stage of disease and clinical codes utilizing guidelines from Seer Summary staging guide, AJCC, ICD-O and WHO with higher than 90 percent accuracy.
- Contact physicians, clinics, other hospitals and cancer registries for additional treatment and/or staging information to complete each abstract.
- Generate accurate data and graphs as assigned or requested in a timely manner, depending on the complexity of the report.
- Transmit data to specific agencies as assigned.
- Support all aspects of meetings efficiently including, but not limited to, agenda, content, room set-up, A/V equipment management, etc., as needed or assigned.
- Participate in activities related to cancer program development as needed.
- Document all data requests and/or Q/A activity in the yearly Data Request / Q/A Log.
- Perform case-finding throughout Capital Health using appropriate standard-setter criteria.
- Tumor Registrar Certification or CTR eligibility. Must attain certification within two years upon hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- One year of abstracting experience in a hospital cancer registry.
- Proficiency in METRIQ cancer registry software system preferred.
- RHIA/RHIT is helpful but not necessary
About Capital Health
Capital Health is the region’s leader in providing progressive, quality patient care with significant investments in our exceptional physicians, nurses and staff, as well as advanced technology. Comprising two hospitals (our Regional Medical Center in Trenton and Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell), our Hamilton outpatient facility and various primary and specialty care practices across the region, Capital Health is a dynamic healthcare resource accredited by DNV GL – Healthcare.
A four-time Magnet®-recognized health system for nursing excellence, Capital Health serves as a Level II Regional Trauma Center, comprehensive stroke center, regional perinatal center (including a Level III NICU), and emergency mental health screening center. We also offer the region’s first and most experienced Pediatric Emergency Department and most recently, New Jersey’s first Autism-Friendly Pediatric Emergency Department. Capital Health takes great pride in our innovative programs, such as our Capital Institute for Neurosciences; nationally accredited Center for Comprehensive Breast Care; Center for Digestive Health; Marjorie G. Ernest Joint Replacement Center of Excellence; award-winning Cancer Center; and our Heart & Vascular Institute, which includes the region’s first accredited Chest Pain Center.
Capital Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Learn more or apply online at https://capitalhealth.attnhr.com/jobs/252372/.