Program Manager of Cancer Surveillance Operations
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Manager of Cancer Surveillance for the Department of Cancer Registry – Operations at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- The Program Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the New Jersey State Central Registry. Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assists Director in relevant short-and long-term planning, policy development, funding procurement and sustainability; and direction of professional activities and projects to ensure excellence in cancer surveillance statewide.
- Represents the New Jersey State Cancer Registry at state, regional and national planning meetings, both in-person and virtually.
- Contributes to national dialogue for developing cancer surveillance and registry standards, procedures, and best practices through active participation in NAACCR, SEER, NPCR, and NCRA.
- Works with local providers, hospitals, and registrars, SEER, NPCR, NAACCR and other state and national agencies to assure the highest quality cancer surveillance data are collected in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal reporting requirements for the collection of cancer data including the monitoring of completeness and timeliness of reporting.
- Must be a licensed CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar).
- At least six (6) years of demonstrated progressive experience in cancer registry management and operations and effective leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of cancer surveillance methods as well as data management in conformance with national standards and cancer surveillance best practices.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment
- Prior experience working in central registries that are part of the SEER Program.
- Prior experience dealing with human resources and personnel issues.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or relational database management.
- Knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Health Information Management, Public Health, Business Administration, or related field. Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please see visit the job announcement for more information and to apply: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/118377
You can find more information about the NJSCR at https://www.state.nj.us/health/ces/reporting-entities/njscr/