Atlantic Health System, Newton
Newton Medical Center, a member of the prestigious Atlantic Health System is currently seeking a PD TumorRegistrar in the Cancer Registry Dept.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately code and abstract relevant information from the medical record to the registry software system according the guidelines set forth by the New Jersey Cancer Registry Program as well as the American College of Surgeon s FORDS manual
- Contacts physicians to complete first course of treatment received
- Protects confidentiality of patient, employee, department and hospital information and/or records
- Reviews pathology reports and charts of in-patients and out-patients to determine which cases are to be included in the database according to the reportable list as approved by the Cancer Committee
- Attaches staging forms to charts when necessary
- Monitors discharge log to assure completeness of casefinding and screens out-patient records
- Attends at least two (2) continuing education conferences annually (not including cancer conferences)
- Completes these procedures according to directions outlined in the Cancer Registry Policy and Procedure Manual
- Performs any other tasks as assigned, in the time frame established by the Manager of Outpatient Oncology Services, the Cancer Registry System Administrator or the Cancer Registry Team Leader.
- Associates degree required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- CTR required
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 10th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Instructions for Resume Submission: Use the below link to apply for this position