Dear ORANJ Members,
The Nominating Committee is inviting and accepting nominations for our organization in 2018-2019. Do you have ideas about how to make ORANJ better? Why not consider running for office? Every member has something to offer to ORANJ. We are looking for candidates for candidates for the following positions:
President, Vice President and Secretary
In order to run for the positions of President or Vice President, you must be an Active member in good standing who has served or will have completed one year on the Executive Committee.
Any member in good standing for one full year prior to nomination can run for Secretary.
The Treasurer and Jr Treasurer positions are two-year positions and were elected in 2018 so we will not be accepting nominations for these positions this year.
Some of the duties for each office include:
- Preside over all business and Executive meetings
- Acts as member ex-officio of all standing committees
- In conjunction with the Education Committee and other members of the Executive Committee, plan educational seminars including the annual meeting
- Assist the President in performing duties of the office
- Assume the duties of the President in his/her absence
- Serve as a member of the Education Committee
- Completes the unexpired term of the President in the event of a vacancy
- Maintain a close working relationship with the President
- Take minutes of all Executive Committee meetings
- Distribute minutes to members of the committee
- Conduct official correspondence of the direction of the President and/or Executive Committee
Candidates are requested to submit the online Candidate Petition as well as a brief Candidate Profile. The profile will appear with the ballot exactly as you have completed it. Please complete Section A of the Candidate Petition.
If you wish to submit the name of another individual for consideration of an elected office, complete Section B on the form, ensuring that the individual you submit is willing to serve if elected. Please submit written consent from your selected candidate in Section C.
The deadline for submitting the petition and profile is August 10, 2018.
Click here to complete the online Candidate Petition.
Click here to complete the online Candidate Profile Summary.
Ballots will be emailed by August 24, 2018 and the deadline for return will be September 21, 2018.
Judy Neuman, BA, CTR
Chair Nominating Committee