Holy Redeemer Health System
Careers that reflect your talent. Your future’s calling.
Holy Redeemer Health System is a place that centers its attention on our employees so that you can learn, grow and lead. It’s this emphasis that helps our employees contribute to our success as a workplace of choice. As our story continues to unfold, we invite you to add your own chapter.
We are seeking a hands-on Lead Cancer Registrar to supervise Cancer Registry staff as well as participate in the daily operation of the Cancer Registry.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the cancer-related data collection system
- The identification, retrieval and reporting of neoplasms; coding, abstracting, and entering clinical and demographic information into the cancer registry database
- Assisting in maintaining follow-ups using the METRIQ database to assist in facility and medical community strategic planning, research initiatives and quality improvement activities
- Ensuring physician compliance with AJCC Staging requirements
- Acting as liaison and assuring compliance with the Commission on Cancer (CoC) and the Holy Redeemer Hospital Cancer Program
- Conducting registry QC activities and quarterly QA reviews of abstracting, case-finding and follow-up duties.
Requirements include Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology or Bachelor’s in Health Information Management, and previous experience as a Certified Tumor Registrar with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Cancer Registry operations or highly-relevant clinical experience. Requires knowledge of data coding, American College of Surgeon’s FORDS and PCR manual, ICD-0 coding, and Cancer Staging (AJCC, Collaborative and summary staging system). Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits which include medical, dental, Paid Time Off, pension plan, tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Click here for more information and to apply