Abstracts and codes cancer data in compliance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, New Jersey State Cancer Registry and Surveillance Epidemiology End Results of the National Cancer Institute requirements. Conducts case finding activities and patient follow-up activities to ensure a 90% follow-up rate is maintained. Participates in activities related to Cancer Conference and Cancer Committee. Assists manager with data analysis and other activities as needed. Attends conferences and stays abreast of changes in cancer registry field.
- Required Experience: Strong Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to perform computer functions in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Ability to be detail-oriented and perform tasks at a high level of accuracy
- Previous experience in a cancer registry, or hospital HIM department preferred
- Previous experience with an electronic health record system preferred
- Demonstrates good communication and teamwork skills
Required Education: 2-year degree in a health-care related field /or equivalent college education credits. RHIA/RHIT or eligibility preferred. Certified Tumor Registrar certification or eligibility required. Tumor Registrar certification required within 12-18 months from date of hire.
Instructions for Resume Submission: