Trinitas Comprehensive Cancer Center
***We are seeking a full time Certified Tumor Registrar ***
This is a daytime position, Monday-Friday. Work hours could start as early as 7:00 AM. Hours Per Pay Period 75:00
This position exists to provide accurate and timely clinical data coding and information abstracting for all patients with the diagnosis of cancer at this institution. This includes performing a variety of functions related to the collection and analysis of cancer data necessary to maintain a comprehensive hospital cancer registry data system. The position is responsible for the data that is utilized for quality assessment and outcome analysis.
•Identify reportable neoplasms diagnosed and/or treated at the organization for addition to the Cancer Registry database per local, state, federal, and other required regulatory body guidelines. Review and abstract information from patient medical records including demographic characteristics, diagnostic procedures, extent of disease…
• Code and enter into the database: topography, morphology, treatment, stage and other required information in compliance with standards set by the American College of Surgeons, the New Jersey State Cancer Registry, National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) and departmental standards.
• Obtain on-going follow up information to include cancer status from patient medical records and letters, to provide end results information.
• Supports all aspects of Tumor Board conference to include attendance, prepare and request for cases to be discussed, distributes tumor board conference notice to physicians via email and assures that the operator announcement is made weekly about the meetings.
• Follows ACOS guidelines in all Cancer Registry activities and keeps the Cancer Committee apprise of ACOS guidelines.
• Maintains patient’s computer data through the Electronic Registry Systems to ensure conformance to the Cancer Registry operational standards.
• Participates in the quality management of the Cancer Registry data and activities.
• Other duties as required.
Active certification as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) by the National Cancer Registrar’s Association (NCRA).
Thorough knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, oncology terminology and modalities, morphology and site coding by International Classification of Diseases for Oncology.
Knowledge of required staging schemas (SEER Summary, SEER Extent of Diseases, American Joint Committee on Cancer, Collaborative Staging and Multiple Primary and Histology Coding Rules).
Training in and/or strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree preferred
Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and an enriched work / life balanced environment.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
If you are interested in this job position, please submit your application online at https://careers.trinitasrmc.org