Cancer Registry Information Specialist III – Part-time
The primary purpose of the Cancer Registry Information Specialist III-Part time, under direction of the supervisor, is to conduct cancer data collection, quality control, and medical data correction activities for the NJ State Cancer Registry (NJSCR) in accord with overall Cancer Registry program goals.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Reviews and resolves complex medical information problems submitted from health care facilities that have failed sophisticated medical edit checks.
- Consolidates pertinent medical data from various sources to provide a clear, concise, and accurate description of patients’ cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Gives talks to interested groups and/or instructions to improve reporting techniques, accuracy of reports, and increase knowledge of specific program problems and goals.
- Prepares clear, sound, accurate, and informative statistical and other reports and memoranda containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Assists in maintaining essential records and files.
Bachelor’s Degree plus one (1) year of experience in a health or social service related program which shall have included responsibilities for interviewing, investigating, and/or conducting public health care surveys or patient care services.
Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirements.
This is a part time position. Position may be eligible for some benefits.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information and to apply please visit: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/119341