Cancer Registrar – Medical Records-Oncology Data
Cooper University Health Care
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
• Examine medical and pathology records to determine patient eligibility for the cancer registry. Make abstracts of medical records by translating the medical terminology into standardized codes that record the patient’s diagnosis and treatment information.
• Responsible for compiling and reporting data from all the medical facilities that treat a patient.
• Assist the cancer program in compliance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accreditation and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
• Maintain CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) credentialing by attending at least one education session annually.
• Other duties typically include following up with registry patients to track progress, protecting patient information and assisting with special projects.
• Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F 8-4:30
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
• CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) or CTR-Ready (has been working in a registry and is ready to sit for the exam)
High School, College Level: Medical Terminology, Anatomy/Physiology.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply to the following link: https://bit.ly/2UDYUMy