Welcome to ORANJ!
The Oncology Registrars Association of New Jersey (ORANJ) is a non-profit professional organization that has been representing New Jersey Cancer Registrars since 1983.
The purpose of this Association is:
- To promote research and education in Cancer Registry administration and practice so that we may be of greater service to the cancer patient.
- To disseminate information to members of this Association regarding current activities, research and trends in the cancer field.
- To seek active liaison with professional and governmental organizations, which utilize data, derived from Cancer Registries.
The Cancer Registrar is an integral part of the oncology health care team. They ensure reliability of data through completeness, timeliness, and validity for use in research, education, treatment planning, and scientific papers, as today’s information will be beneficial in accomplishing the long term survival of the patient.
The main commodity with which a cancer registry deals is not the collection of data on cancer, but rather it is the dissemination of cancer data generated. Picture the registry as a processing and distribution center. Cancer data facts and figures can be worked and arranged to fit special needs and situations. One method of dissemination is reporting cases of cancer and other specified tumorous and precancerous diseases to the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, this is our State law.
Commitment to education is integral as cancer registrars must possess specialized knowledge and skills in meeting the needs of its customers.
The ORANJ Nominating Committee would like to Congratulate the new 2016 – 2017 Executive Board Members.
- President – Donna McNally
- Vice President – Stacy Yates
- Secretary – Denise Hansen
- Treasurer – Karen Staller
- Jr. Treasurer – Cynthia DeJong
Nominating Committee Chair